Term 1 Week 11 Newsletter

Pirinoa School
School Newsletter
Proud Confident Inspired Tamariki

Term 1 Week 11 Newsletter

Principal’s Message….

Well, that’s a wrap for term 1 this year, and my final farewell to you all. As we enter the holidays, I hope everyone takes some time to relax and unwind after yet another challenging year to date. I will remember my time at Pirinoa for so many reasons and without doubt I could not have asked for a better way to begin my journey in principalship. Pirinoa is one of those places that will always hold a special place with a bank of amazing memories and experiences that I won’t forget.  Thanks to the teaching team and staff, you all bring so much to this amazing little school, these kids are extremely lucky to have you as you invest such a lot into them, you truly don’t know the impact you make. I wish all the best to our Board members, thank you for allowing me to be a part of Pirinoa School history, the work and effort behind the scenes needs to be acknowledged, again, things wouldn’t happen without your dedication and investment in this school. I really encourage others to put their hand up to have a go on the board come September, you won’t regret it and you will be able to bring your own skills and passions that we need. Finally, to our students, wow! Each and every one of you have such spirit and character and make Pirinoa School just the best place, I’ve not enjoyed coming to school more than I have here! Your neverending energy is something else, with so much character, I hope you make the most of your time here, it goes very quickly! I.ook forward to coming back and visiting 🙂

Thank you to everyone who helped at our enviroschools cleanup on Tuesday, special thanks to Mutton, Boxhead, Jazz and the lads from Palliser Ridge for sorting out the gum, we will raffle that off later in the year. It was a great afternoon and I was amazed at just how much we got done in an hour and a half!

Today is our Mufti-Day, we are supporting the Featherston Foodbank by bringing Food Donations, thank you for your amazing generosity!
Have a great break!
Ngā mihi nui,
Gene Moore
Pumpkin Growing Competition
We had 3 entries in the Pumpkin Growing Competition, these were planted in Term 4 last year! Placings as follows:
1st Blair 10 kg
Jacob 5kg
Tijleigh 1kg
Fantastic effort you three!

Room 1 News

This week in Room 1 we made Anzac Art and Easter Egg Art, we also made a book of ‘Mr Moore’ Portraits for him to take to his next school.

Room 2 & 3 News

This week, Room 2 joined Room 3 and studied The Aurora; the Northern and Southern Lights.

After looking at a timelapse of the lights coming through in the Arctic Circle, we spent some time discussing what the lights looked like and how they were moving.

We learnt about the science involved in the creation of the lights, wrote poems and then used chalk pastels to create some stunning art.

Come into the hallway to see our poems and our artwork next term.

The Aurora by Reade

BOT NEWS

What do you actually do ON THE BOARD?

When you’re on the board your main objective is to make sure that the kids are achieving in their education & that they have a safe environment to do it in. 

The board has a system of statements of our expectations (aka Policies) that guide our decisions. We monitor performance to see if the objective has been met.

An example is student data – 3 times a year the students are assessed for reading, writing & maths.  The data is collated for the board & helps identify where we need to focus our attention.  

For example, if a high percentage of kids are below the recommended level for writing, then we’ll direct more resources ($ & personnel) towards writing.

How? well we might decide to employ our teacher aide for a few more hours a week; or we might allocate more money towards sending our teachers on courses.

Remember, nominations open mid-July…get ON BOARD

Copyright © Pirinoa School 2022
Click here to unsubscribe.
Powered by KiwiSchools 4.0